Developing Vibrant Communities Through Innovation and Partnership
A premier provider of affordable housing in Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia, Community Preservation and Development Corporation (CPDC) develops vibrant communities through innovation and partnership, including our 2018 combination with Enterprise Community Partners.
As an affiliate of Enterprise, both organizations can continue to provide greater opportunity for low-income families, thanks to the continued affordability of 12,000 homes in the Mid-Atlantic, and the provision of services that are even more responsive to the needs of residents.
CPDC currently operates more than 30 properties providing homes to residents totaling 10,000 and growing in the Mid-Atlantic. Likewise, Enterprise has created 470,000 affordable homes, including 144,000 homes through the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit program.
By combining resources, CPDC and Enterprise have strengthen their collective ability to build and preserve affordable homes while developing and deploying the next generation of resident services which we call Community Impact Strategies (CIS).
Learn more about CPDC and what we do in less than two minutes!
What Makes Us Unique?
- Community Investment. We place an emphasis on developing financially sound buildings and leverage partnerships with supporting organizations and individual residents to promote civic engagement and build a shared sense of community.
- Challenging Developments. We have earned a reputation for acquiring and transforming properties in areas that may have high rates of crime and poverty.
- Sophisticated Financing. Using products ranging from low-income tax credits and tax-exempt bonds to HUD Section 8, we rely on our creative expertise to structure and close complex, multi-layered financing deals that other developers find challenging.
- Sustainable Design. We are focused on building properties that meet green industry standards by implementing features including water heaters with reduced gas dependence, Energy Star-certified appliances, high-efficiency HVAC systems, recycling, and water conservation educational programs, and more.
- Commitment to Residents. We engage residents in every step of the process. In fact, residents often share in the creation of programs and services. CPDC takes extra care to make its communities places people are proud to call home.
- Measurable Results. We systematically evaluate the outcomes of our services using established benchmarks and participant feedback to ensure our programs meet the current and future needs of residents and community members.