Manager, Community Impact Strategies (Part-Time)
The CIS Manager will lead implementation of social programs and activities for older adults, and work with program partners to ensure high quality resources and programming are being delivered to the community. The position is based at Edgewood Commons in northeast D.C. The CIS Manager promotes activities and services through collaborative partnerships that include residents, property and asset management, and other service providers. This position involves working closely with the Emmaus Services for the Aging, a partner co-located in the community. The CIS Manager will refer residents to Emmaus for case management, acute nursing care, and other supportive services.
The CIS Manager will also be responsible for supervising volunteer members, performs a variety of tasks, and works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. This position reports to the Senior Manager, CIS. The CIS Manager will also working on developing programs, activities and initiatives around intergenerational programming with other CIS Managers at Edgewood Commons and the Ward 5 community.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide program planning for senior residents and lead in recruiting efforts to increase overall enrollment and attendance
- Identify and collaborate with professional staff and potential partners for programming activities and resources
- Co-create and facilitate intergenerational programming for the families and non-seniors on the property
- Assess volunteer member needs and review prospects/possibilities with Director of Volunteer Engagement
- Manage site program budget, review monthly reports from Finance, and insure accuracy in reporting
- Manage annual CIS programming budget
- Collect, manage, report and analyze data, and ensure accuracy and consistency with established data collection standard
- Develops /facilitates groups that support leadership development & community engagement
- Facilitates health education & wellness educational programs
- Coordinate and refer residents to existing social service partners and organizations as needed
- Recruit and supervise interns and volunteers
- Assists with submission of funding applications, and ensures that the creation and implementation of operating policies are adhered to and program content is consistent with organization’s vision
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Able to communicate effectively in person and in writing with a wide range of people.
- Genuinely likes and gets along with a wide range of people
- Makes effective use of computers
- Effective phone manner
- Understands how to empower people to work together for the good of the community
- Sensitivity to racial, ethnic and class differences as well as other differences among people with whom he or she will work
- Positive attitude about the potential of all sorts of people
- Able to communicate organizational values and practices to team members and incorporate them into service efforts
- A willingness to engage in direct-action and take yourself out of your comfort zone
- Demonstrated ability to analyze issues and think strategically
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work and manage multiple tasks in both an independent and collaborative team setting
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently facilitate meetings
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to different environments
- A willingness to occasionally work inconsistent hours, including weekends and evenings when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in gerontology or health related field. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years direct experience working with seniors as well as 1 year of experience doing indirect service planning for seniors
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR1@cpdc.org. Please include the job title Manager, Community Impact Strategies (Part-Time) in the subject line of your email. CPDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.
If you are interested in internships or volunteer opportunities, please click here.